How I feel about taking down our decorations (the Dell and Amazon boxes are makeshift Christmas storage boxes)
By setting goals for myself, I will strive to achieve them...but if I don't, I will just try harder next year. :) Somehow, goals don't seem as daunting (and disappointing) as resolutions...at least in my (potentially weird) mind.

My Goals for 2010
1. Treat my body the way it should be treated. This includes exercising more and eating healthier. This is probably everyone's goal for 2010...and I wish us all the best of luck!
2. Be the best wife I can be. Heck, I may even attempt to cook while Mr Jones is in class on Mondays and Tuesdays. This may or may not be a success, but we'll see. LOL.
3. Not stress/worry so much about the small stuff. I let things get to me...too much sometimes. My stressing/worrying isn't going to change things so I need to learn to let it go and trust everything will be ok.
4. Be thankful for the good in my life rather than focusing on the negative.
5. Make sure I get enough "girl dates" with my friends. I tend to be a homebody and want to stay home with my love...but I've had such a blast at the last few get-togethers with my friends that I am realizing just how important it is to me and my happiness. I plan on scheduling at least one "girl date" per month (so local friends, be ready!).
6. Stop spending/buying unnecessary items...and focus on the necessities. This one will be a hard one because I have an (itty bitty, teeny weeny) obsession with jeans.
7. More random acts of kindness. I feel good when others feel good...and if I can make that happen, awesome! :)
8. Help my bride-to-be friends (woot for my 2010 brides!) in anyway I can. This one won't be hard because I (gasp!) miss wedding planning.
9. Take better care of my car. I tend to ignore the problems...but the reality is, I'm going to have this car for a while so I need to give it the love it needs. Either that, or be left stranded on the side of the road. LOL.
10. Take better care of my skin. I've very lucky to have good skin, but I don't always take my makeup off at night. And I don't moisturize like I should. I'm sure the neglect will come back and bite me in the butt someday.
What are your goals for 2010?




Those are all great.. Very similar to mine..
ReplyDeleteI tend to be homebody as well, so that's one of my goals!
So if you exercise more and eat healthier, new {smaller} jeans will be a necessary item. A little motivation, right? ;)
ReplyDeleteExcellent goals! I wish you success with all of them in 2010 (esp the one about helping your 2010 bride friends with their weddings, and "girl dates"). Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteSounds like some great goals to me! And have fun trying for that 2010 bundle of joy!
ReplyDeleteCan I copy your list and use it? LOL I couldn't even write my goals out, but yours sums up exactly what I'd like to do this year. (My writing things down is the goal-achieving Kiss of Death. Nothing ever gets done if I write it down!)
ReplyDeleteHappy 2010 Taryn!
I think I am with ya on EVERY single on of your items!!
ReplyDelete