Instead, we went to Babies R Us and picked out a crib sheets that go with the room color (but aren't too matchy-matchy). Plus, the colors go well with the mobile I like.
My dilemma now is deciding which color breathable bumper and which color crib skirt to get. Help?!
For reference, here's a picture of the wall color and gliding rocker we bought yesterday (which is a great story for another day!). The rocker is a light greenish-tan color (kind of hard to tell in the picture).
Also, we are leaning towards an espresso crib (as pictured for the breathable bumpers).
Option #1 (sage breathable bumper and brown crib skirt)


Option #2 (brown breathable bumper and sage crib skirt)



Option #3 (sage breathable bumper and orange crib skirt)



Option #4 (brown breathable bumper and orange crib skirt)






Option 4!!
ReplyDeletei like option 1 =)
ReplyDeleteI think I like option 2 best. What color are the walls? They are very similar to Michaels!
ReplyDeleteOption 1 is the best :)
ReplyDeleteand here's my stint on bumpers...lol....
1. I seriously do not GET how they are death traps. When your baby is old enough to where he can MOVE that close to a bumper and smoosh his face in it, he'll obviously be STRONG enough to move his head away from the bumper if he could get his body there to begin with....right?? I mean, babies have instincts (once they can move enough)---if they feel something on their face and can turn their head--they WILL.
With that said...we don't have a breathable bumper. Never did. She's fine. BUT--I think its nice to have that option and if they're cute--go for it!
ps: we pieced together our crib bedding too..WAY better that way and less matchy. She has brown bumpers.
I like option #2 or option #1. They are all very cute. :)
ReplyDeleteI like option #1! I like the brown and blue combo.
ReplyDeleteP.S. My two cents...I'm not a mom...but I know a family who lost their 4 month old last year because they left the bumpers in the crib while the baby was sleeping. Horribly sad story and one that I've learned a lesson from. I'd stick with the breathable bumpers if I were you.
I like option 3 or 4! But they are all lovely :)
ReplyDeleteWe did not order the whole bedding set either because really who uses the quilt?
First of all, I like option 1. Second...ITA with Katie. Both of my boys have bumpers and clearly they are fine but you have to do what makes YOU comfortable. C was in our room until about 6 mos and I need to move P soon.
ReplyDeleteLove #3!
ReplyDeleteI say go with the sage bumper for sure...and either the brown or the orange crib skirt. My first instinct says orange, but it's hard to say without actually seeing it all together.
ReplyDeleteOption #2
ReplyDeleteOption 1 is my favorite. I would have to agree with Katie and what she said. So true! Jayden actually just ripped his apart. Never once did I think that the bumper would ever take him out... It was Jayden who took the bumper out. Haha.
ReplyDeleteI think I will definitely not buy a crib set either... Seems like a waste & they're all too matchy.
ReplyDeleteI love the orange skirt options! Such a POP of color!!!
I think option #1 is my favorite. Love the wall color, btw!!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Katie & Julie! KP has had a normal bumper the whole time and I cannot fathom how on earth she could possibly suffocate {for the same reasons katie mentioned}. that being said i like combo 3
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't do brown or orange as it will make the crib seem HUGE. Green is supposed to induce happy thoughts. I must be the odd one out as we actually use our quilt. I posted pics of Oliver's room the other day- he's now in a toddler bed. If anything is unecessary I'd say it's the skirt- the quilt you can use as a blankie. The skirt is just annoying as it just attracts dust, and gets in the way if you have a drawer under the crib.
ReplyDeleteHere's the rundown on the colour therapy:
Green is known to soothe and helps to bring about a feeling of calmness along with a sense of harmony.
The color orange is associated with a feeling of happiness and confident outlook in color therapy. Orange has a real energizing effect upon the person. Orange as a color needs to be used in moderation like red because it might tend to make a person feel too agitated about things if not balanced well.
Couldn't find for brown walls, but it's probably similar to this: Color therapists hold that brown also awakens common sense and discrimination. Hence, family-life persons and stable people prefer to have their floors and walls covered with brown area rugs. Because of the stabilizing property of brown, brown rugs in the bedroom is beneficial to children with hyperactivity problem.
I just wanted to say good call with the recliner. We got just a regular rocker, but now being up all night with a sick baby makes me wish we had a recliner. That way I can hold her upright but still get some sleep myself.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely 1 or 2. Not loving the orange bed skirt. I'd probably go with sage green for both the bumper and crib skirt actually. Would look nice with the chair. The crib itself is brown, I think more brown is unnecessary and possibly unattractive. But that's just me. :)
ReplyDelete