Tonight's dinner was Parrilla Mexicana (a.k.a. Mexican Grill). It is, by far, one of my favorite dinners and I do a little happy dance whenever Mr says he's going to make it. :)
You will need:
Cast iron skillet
Meat - we use chicken, steak, shrimp, and chorizo (Mexican sausage)
Onions & Green Peppers - optional, but they definitely add a lot of flavor!
1 packet of Fajita Seasoning
Cumin
Chili Powder
Salt
2 TBSP of vegetable oil
Any toppings you want!
Tortilla shells
Prep Work!
Season onions & green pepper with salt, cumin, and chili powder - saute in vegetable oil until soft/caramelized - put aside in separate bowl (use salad tongs to remove from skillet so the oil remains)
Season meat with fajita seasoning, cumin, and chili powder - cook in same skillet/oil as the veggies (lots of flavor!)
Mix in sauteed veggies - let the mixture simmer on medium-high heat
ENJOY!
It truly is as good, if not better, than any Mexican restaurant we've been to! If you have any questions, just let me know!




I love this! We need to compile the recipes into a "What's Mr Jones Cooking" cookbook. If we seel copies, we could donate proceeds to your favorite charity!!!! Thanks to MFSIL
ReplyDeleteI LOOOOVE Mexican, so anything like this is a winner in my book =)
ReplyDeleteSo bookmarking this page so that I can whip this up one night!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
OOOO!
ReplyDeleteThis looks super yummy! I will have to try it sometime! :)