Yes, before you start yelling at me, I know I've been MIA for over 2 months. *hang head in shame*
I don't have any specific reason I disappeared (unlike last time when I was trying to keep Baby Jones a secret). I guess I just haven't felt like blogging. That's not to say I haven't thought of dozens of potential topics. I have. Except when I go to write a post, I get brain block and end up closing the window and saying I'll write the post...later. Well, later is now. It's time.
In a previous post, I said I was going to tell the story of our gliding rocker. We got the deal of the century on it (in my opinion, of course!).
One Saturday back in January, Mr Jones and I decided to hit up the local furniture stores to see what kinds of deals we could find on gliders and/or rockers. We only made it to one store.
When we walked into the store, we found out they were having their 100th anniversary celebration (which included pizza and cookies...music to this pregnant girl's ears!! But I digress...). After we gathered our pizza and cookies, we were encouraged to enter our names into their hourly $100 gift certificate drawing (they were drawing the winner in 5 minutes). I never win anything, but figured "why not?" so I jotted down my info and stuffed the slip into the full fishbowl before we wandered off to look at what was available in the clearance section.
A few minutes later, we hear, "And the winner of our last $100 certificate is...Taryn Jones!" I turned to Mr Jones and said, "Wait. Did they seriously just say my name?!?" That pretty much sealed the deal. We were getting our chair there...and we had found the perfect one in the clearance section! We walked out of the store 30 minutes later with a fully upholstered gliding rocker for...drum roll please...$149!
I love it.
7 years ago




Pictures or it didn't happen.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and became a follower! :) Love your blog! Erin
ReplyDeletewww.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com
That is an awesome deal. You will get a ton of use out of it. We spent a good majority of the first two months in ours.
ReplyDelete