Monday, April 26, 2010

If you didn't know better, you'd think we're knocked up!

Disclaimer: I am not pregnant. I am not hiding anything from you. I promise.

One of my favorite weekend pastimes is being lazy and chillin' in bed with Mr Jones. We talk about whatever comes to mind...the serious stuff and the not-so-serious stuff. Past conversations have included everything from favorite childhood memory and biggest fear in life to most embarrassing moment and bodily functions. Yes, we've talked about farting. Don't judge.

Yesterday's conversation started out innocent enough. I was telling Mr Jones about my friend's baby girl who had been born earlier in the week...when the conversation turned to what we would name our future child(ren). Little did I know, some of the names I loved, Mr Jones hated. Uh oh...

After about 20 minutes of (lively) debate, I went out to the living room to get my laptop so we could browse lists of baby names. (Again, I swear I am not pregnant!)

Browsing a list of baby boy names made the conversation down right hilarious!! We were presented with such doozies as: Banjo (ummm...maybe if I lived in the boondocks?), Ferrari (because you want to name your kid after a car?), Megatron (Mr Jones' #1 pick for awesomeness), and Moon-Unit (I'm not kidding!). Through all of that though, we were able to agree on a handful of boy names. Maybe someday, I'll have a reason to share them with you... :)

Thankfully, we already have a girl name picked out. I'm sure that conversation would have been fun though...

10 comments:

  1. I am in love with your header picture!! So fun and funky!

    www.dukeandsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubs and I go through that a lot and we're not prego either! Sometimes it's just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! J hated my #1 boy name, I know the feeling. Thankfully we LOVED our girl name, and we get to use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! This is always too funny! I have to say, this is one of the few things the hubs and I do agree on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the great name debate... Glad you were able to come up with some you like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Men always reject the coolest names. Ha ha. I have had my babies' names picked out since I was like 10 years old. They have changed a little (ya know because my sister stole one), but most of them were WAY ahead of their time then and are perfect now. I don't too often discuss the names with hubby but we have had the conversation before. He has input but I have the final say! Ha ha. When the time comes, I am all ready with names. I can't wait until that day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was one of the most talked about/debated conversations in my household throughout the pregnancy. We found Harper right away for a a little girl but spent months, up until the week before birth debating boy names.

    The most interesting we saw in a baby book was 50 cent

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fiance and I have the same problem. You'll find something you like when the time comes (for a boy anyways!) Just hope for a baby girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny you mention Ferrari...there used to be a little boy at one of the child care centers I worked at who was named Enzo...after Enzo Ferrari. No joke. Damn, he was a cutie pie too :)

    ps - Matt says he votes for Megatron ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, we're not at kids yet BUT we both kind of hate the names the other loves. Luckily we have a few more years to agree on something!

    ReplyDelete