Sunday, May 22, 2011

2 Years...and Counting

It's hard to believe I've been writing in this blog for over 2 years. It's certainly flown right by!

A lot has happened in those 2 years.

I got married.
We bought a house.
Mr Jones started Grad School...and is now halfway done.

And I had a baby. Parker Curtis Jones was born on April 6, 2011 at 34 weeks 2 days gestation. He weighed 4lbs 9oz and was 18.5" long.


Little did I know, at 34 weeks, this would be my last baby bump picture!


The days leading up to his birth were quite a rollercoaster. I was hospitalized for high blood pressure, tested for pre-eclampsia, diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension, and put on bed rest. A week later, I was hospitalized once again to be retested for pre-eclampsia. Well, I never finished that test because my blood work came back indicating I had HELLP syndrome. I was given an hour to prepare for an emergency c-section. Not exactly how I was planning to have a baby!


Despite being almost 6 weeks early, Parker was a rockstar! He spent just over 2 weeks in the special care nursery (never needed to be transported to a NICU) and came home on April 22 weighing 5lbs 4oz.


Life with my little man has been fun...and a bit hectic. He now weighs almost 8lbs. Quite a little chunky monkey (to us)!

10 comments:

  1. i was thinkin about u guys the other day and got worried that you hadnt posted anything! I;m glad hes doing well! hes beautiful, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Taryn! Parker is adorable. You just made my heart drop when you said you had HELLP - a teacher at the school I work for passed away last year after giving birth due to complications from HELLP. It was all so scary, and I had never even heard about it before. So glad everyone is safe and sound and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! So glad everything is ok. Parker is adorable and I am loving his cloth diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO glad you are back!! HE IS A DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he is my birthday buddy :) One day after my birthday. Love it. Love him! What a sweet, sweet, guy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! I love Parker's name and he is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taryn!!! I have been thinking about you! I am so happy you and Parker (our boy name too even though we're having a girl) are doing well. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last new picture! He's happy to be posing for the camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore him! And that little cloth diaper he's sporting! Gotta send you something soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've missed you, but I can see why you've been MIA. I'm glad everything worked out and Parker is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! So glad that Parker is doing well- he looks like a happy baby... your little rock star is a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete