I stumbled across an article online today and wanted to share some of the advice in it. They are definitely words to live by.
"... it was that I should love my husband, but not wrap myself up in my husband. That I should always remember that I was a person before him, and I should do my damndest to stay a person while married to him ... second best advice was to never completely tie your finances to your husband--always have something of your own."
"My dad told me 'try to outdo each other in kindness.' I thought that was good advice. That way you are concentrating on the positive."
"Communicate, respect for self and each other, trust, faith, laugh together not at each other, don’t go to bed angry or hurt, remember your vows, don’t ask what you are not ready and willing to accept, and let go and remember that often time we don’t know we’re making a mistake unless we are told so speak up without being rude and hurtful."
"...Marriage should not be so much about looking at each other but looking in the same direction together.' I believe the message from this is to remember the positive things that brought you together and then to concentrate on positive goals to achieve as a couple. My observation is that all the cute, unique things that made your spouse wonderful in the beginning are going to be the things that grate on your nerves later. Try to focus on the positive -- if you look for negative qualities in someone, you are sure to find them!"
"...Marriage is not always 50/50. Some days you will wake up and may have to give 90% and your spouse will give 10%. Other days you may wake up and give 25% and your husband will have to put in the 75%."
Remember to love yourself...and each other.
7 years ago




Thank you for following my blog! I am following you now too :)
ReplyDeleteThis is some great advice and I especially like #2 & #4. Marriage is a wonderful thing!
Love this post and your blog! Can't wait to follow in the lead up to your wedding! I've found some great ideas here as well, so thank you!
ReplyDelete