Saturday, May 23, 2009

Location, Location, Location!

When searching for a location, it was important to me to have the ceremony and reception at the same place. It was also important to have a hotel attached for out-of-town guests...two of which will have newborns at the wedding. After a day of researching locations, we decided on the Bavarian Inn Lodge in Frankenmuth, my home town.

Growing up in Frankenmuth, I definitely took the beauty of the city for granted...it was just home. It wasn't until I met Future Mr that I began to see it through different eyes. His family loves Frankenmuth and, though I was resistant at first, I eventually gained a new appreciation for what it has to offer. While a tiny part of me would love to hold the wedding out of town (just for something different), I knew having it at the Lodge would make him happy...and that makes me happy. Plus, it has everything I was looking for: a ceremony site, reception rooms, and it's a hotel! Perfect.

The Lodge...it's HUGE!
The Ceremony site...we'll be in the gazebo:

And the Reception room (please keep in mind it's a German hotel...haha!):

1 comment: