Saturday, May 30, 2009

LONG day, but I found my dress!!

I sit here at (almost 8pm) completely exhausted...I'm ready for bed!! Who knew trying on dresses would wear me out so much?! My lovey is working all weekend so mom, sister-in-law, MOH, and I decided today was a perfect day for dress shopping. :) SIL picked me up at 9:30am and we headed up to Frankenmuth to check out what the bridal shop there had to offer. My eye was bothering me so I was pretty cranky while we were there (the poor sale associate!). After deciding against the gowns they had in the shop, the girls and I piled into our respective cars and headed down to David's Bridal. Obviously the selection is much bigger there and I found my dress! It was the 5th (I think?) dress I tried on and, though I wasn't sure the first time I tried it, I realized it was the perfect dress the second time put it on. :) I hope Mr. Jones loves it as much as I do.

I also found the bridesmaid dresses...woo hoo! The dress has a bit of ruching and a nice drape across the front. This will work well to cover any imperfections...who could ask for more? The dress comes with a silver brooch on the side; however, it doesn't work well with my dress so I'm going to have the girls wear a champagne sash instead. I tried on the dress with the sash and LOVED it! I know my girls will all look gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. GIRL!! You KNOW I need to see this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heart sashes. now go back and try it on and get a good pic of the dress already!!!

    ReplyDelete