Partially due to my bad mood on Saturday and partially due to my newly acquired bad memory (there's so much wedding stuff to think about...I'm bound to forget something, right?), I completely forgot to take my Spanx with me to try on dresses. Big mistake. When I tried on my dress the first time, I wasn't able to zip it because of the super padded bra David's Bridal puts on you (not sure why I had it on since I definitely don't plan on wearing one!). This happened to be when the alterations lady came over to check what size I would need. Needless to say, she thought I needed to size up 2 sizes (ouch!). After trying on a few more dresses, I went back to "my" dress and tried it without the ginormous bra...and it fit (I wasn't really surprised to be honest). Anyway, the sales associate somehow convinced me to still order the size recommended by alterations. At that point, I just wanted to LEAVE so I agreed with her.
Over the next few days (once I was back to Happy Taryn vs. Cranky Taryn), I realized there was no way I needed to size up 2 sizes in the dress. I wouldn't have been able to zip it if it was 2 sizes too small. Plus, I hadn't tried it on with my Spanx...and all girls know they make a big difference!! So armed with my trusty Spanx (gotta love 'em!), I headed off to the David's Bridal by my work to try on the dress again. Unfortunately, they didn't have the same one, but I tried on one very similar in the same size and it was perfect. This was all it took to convince me to go back to the original store to change the size I ordered. While I was there, I put on "my" dress again and proved to the alterations lady that I'm not as fat as she apparently thought I was. Haha!
I'm MUCH happier now that I have the right size ordered. Wedding day, here I come!! :)
7 years ago




yadda yadda yadda, now where are the pics??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
ReplyDelete;)