Monday, November 2, 2009

Aisle Decorations - DIY Fun

The aisle decorations - what a pain in the butt these have been! Seriously. The chairs provided for the ceremony (plastic lawn chairs - ugh) aren't the easiest to work with so I've spent many loooong hours trying to figure out how to decorate them.

My first, and favorite, idea was shepherd's hooks with kissing balls. I love their simplicity and elegance.


But, alas, my wedding ceremony is indoors (it's COLD in Michigan in November) and cheap free-standing shepherd's hooks aren't
really easy to find (darn budget!). I figured I would have to come up other ideas - bows tied to the arms of the chairs as a last resort only (I wasn't "feeling" those)!!

Well, last week, I was browsing a fellow Knottie's Wedding
Bio and I saw that she had sheperd's hooks set up in pots - the answer to this indoor bride's dreams!! Can you guess what Mr Jones and I spent yesterday doing?? :)

Getting ready to start - I think Bo wants to help. :)


Halfway done with our first two - kudos to Mr Jones for helping!


Two down, four more to go!

17 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm not sure my hubby would have helped me make them so kudos to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute...I can't wait to see the overall finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I guess where there's a will theres a way huh. Kudos to the mister for helping out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made my own too and it was so much cheaper and SO easy! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute- you are so creative! I need to be more like you- are quoted flower expenses are out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable! It's so smart to make your own, and it's great that he's helping you with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pomander balls for aisle deco! They are coming out great. I was going to suggest simply hanging the ribbon on the chairs themselves but I don't think you have that ability with 'lawn' chairs? Glad the shepherd's hooks worked out. And glad to have found your blog to follow along...you are so close now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As someone who has a history of helping do flowers for weddings and who also helped with flowers for my own wedding (my MIL was my florist), I want to say kudos to you for tackling this project and saving money. I know doing multiples of anything isn't easy and can be mind-numbing but they look fantastic. They are going to look great and gotta give props to Mr. Jones for helping. He just might be a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great and I think this will really make the ceremony look beautiful. That is awesome that you found a way to make this work indoors. That's great that Mr. Jones is lending a helping hand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. we made balls too hand off of our chairs too. the chairs were fabric tho so we used fabric pins to hold them on the chair and that was that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again - Left you a little something over on my blog tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic project!! Are you using real flowers or silk?

    ReplyDelete