What a crazy day!! Mr Jones and I were gone from 7:30am until about 11:00pm. I'm tired! And hungry.
We met with the pastor tonight. That definitely made the wedding a lot more real (and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT). Up until tonight, it seemed almost surreal...it definitely hadn't hit me that I'm getting married (as in, I will be with and love this man for the rest of my life).
We ran through the ceremony details - who's giving the bride away, who's walking the grandparents/mothers down the aisle, if we'll have a unity candle or not - you know, stuff the pastor kind of needs to know. When we got to the exchanging of the vows, Pastor had us stand up, hold hands, and practice-recite our vows. I certainly wasn't expecting that and (honestly) wasn't sure how I'd react. Well, I'm proud to report I didn't cry...but I did fidget. A lot. I need to work on that because I'm sure it's not so special when the bride looks like she's either doing the pee-pee dance or having a seizure. I'm not sure which one, but I do know neither looks pretty.
7 years ago




It definitely hasn't hit me yet that I will be getting married soon. I am halfway through my engagement already and yet it still doesn't feel real. Perhaps it will also hit me when we meet with our officiant to discuss ceremony details. I think it has a lot to do with knowing that he is the one responsible for making everything official. Can't wait until then... for now, it still feels like a fantastic dream. :)
ReplyDeleteWow you only have a month and a half left. I'm so excited for you! Good luck with everything!!
The end of your post made me laugh out loud! :)
ReplyDeleteI imagine I would have carried that out with even less grace!
Oh my word, that was too funny. This month is going to go so quickly! So excited for ya!
ReplyDeleteYou're getting close! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteI remember at our rehearsal, when we practiced out vows for the first time, I got REALLY nervous. I almost passed out. At least I wasn't nervouse day of, then I was blissfully happy.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I remember the day we went and talked to the deacon about how our wedding would be set up. It also seemed so surreal! It will be here before you know it!:)
ReplyDeleteso happy for you! i cant believe it is getting so close!
ReplyDelete