Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Project - Kitty Style!

Sorry I've been MIA in blog-land. I finally kicked the stupid cold. but not before passing it to Mr Jones...sorry babe! This weekend was pretty relaxing and uneventful though I'm sure it'll be the last for a while since we are closing in on ONE MONTH until the wedding (holy crap!). We've definitely been slacking in the wedding planning department so I need to get us back on track this week...starting with the wedding favors (which I can't wait to show my blog friends!).

Our weekend project, though not wedding related, was still a lot of fun. Now that our junk room is somewhat under control (i.e. not a fire/kitty hazard), we've started to allow the kitties to venture in there. They absolutely love it because it gets a lot of sunlight for them to lounge in. After watching Sammy try to balance all 20lbs of himself on the small window ledge, Mr Jones came up with the idea of installing a kitty shelf in the window. That way, both Sammy and Bo could watch the world go by without having to balance precariously on the window ledge.

After working out the logistics, Mr Jones ran off the store to get supplies (because, according to him, why buy a shelf when you can easily make one?). One piece of wood, a destroyed pillow (for the cotton fill), and a $2 Walmart towel later, the kitty loves have a comfy new perch where they can bask in the sun! Needless to say, they both love it.




10 comments:

  1. so glad you are no longer a sicky poo!

    cute kittie witties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful diy project! you guys did a great job - my cat would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad you’re feeling better, but sorry that Mr. Jones is sick. That seems to always be the way! I cannot believe that you only have 1 month to go. You must be thrilled!

    How crafty of Mr. Jones to come up with the idea for the kitty perch! It turned out so nice and the Sammy and Bo look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! They look so cute and comfy!! What a life of being a cat:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your cats always look throughly at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I left you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL they look so cute and comfy. btw, i just want to let you know i have a oversize watch giveaway on my blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're better! What DIYers y'all are!

    ReplyDelete