Sunday, March 14, 2010

One of Heaven's Newest Angel

I. am. exhausted. This weekend has gone by in a complete blur. I'm not even sure what day it is.

Last Thursday, I received a phone call from Mr Jones saying his grandpa, who was in the hospital due to a car accident, had taken a turn for the worse.
His kidneys were shutting down and he wasn't expected to live though the night.

This was heartbreaking because Grandpa was everything to us.

He was Grandma's fierce guardian whose life was devoted to taking care of and protecting her.

He was a "father" to Mr Jones whose parents split up when he was little.

He was the heart of the family.

Grandpa was taken off life support at 11:30am on Friday and took his last breath around 4:00pm with Grandma by his side holding his hand.

Heaven has gained a wonderful new angel.

We will miss him terribly.

Celebrating Grandpa's 81st birthday and Brian's 26th birthday
(March 2007)


Crab Feast in Maryland...the best! (August 2007)


Last picture of Grandpa...at our wedding (November 2009)


11 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry! I know tis time is hard, but think of all the good times you've had with him. Sharing those stories always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Taryn--may God grant you both peace and comfort right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, love. I know it's been a tough few days. You and Mr. Jones (and your family) are in my thoughts and prayers. You know where to find me if you need anything. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Taryn, I am so sorry. I hope that heaven has received enough angels for now because it's just been too much. Your pictures are great and I hope you have some comfort in the memories. Now we pray that our grandma's can enjoy the memories and find a way to be fulfilled in their changed lives! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your loss. You and your husband are in my prayers. Thanks for sharing the great memories with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss. My grandpa died 5 years ago and I miss him everyday. It's so great to see that you were able to get wedding pictures. What a great memory to have. I know nothing I can say will take away the pain. I will be praying for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for you and your husbands loss! My prayers are there for your heart's healing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw :( I'm so sad to hear of your loss. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for you loss... you were blessed to be able to have him attend your wedding and will always have fond memories of him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Special prayers going out for Mr. Jones' grandma tonight.

    ReplyDelete