Sooo...how's married life?
I’ve been asked that at least twice a day.
For the past 3 months.
By the same handful of people.
I know they think they are being ohsofunny. But they aren’t. Not even one tiny little bit.
Seriously, do they really think my answer is going to change hour-by-hour, day-by-day? Sometimes, I want to make it exciting for them and answer that married life sucks. That I absolutely hate it. But I just can’t do it because married life is, in fact, quite wonderful.
The thing is, though, non-married life was quite wonderful as well so what’s the difference? Every time I’m asked, I respond that it’s the same as before we were married, but I’m left wondering, is it supposed to be different?
Are we supposed to turn into the old married couple that does nothing but bicker?
Is the pretty, new ring on my finger supposed change our relationship completely?
The way I see it, our relationship is exactly the same as it was before marriage.
Except now, we are in this together.
Through the ups and downs.
Forever.
7 years ago




Great post, hun!
ReplyDeleteWhile I was asked that same question quite often the question I was constantly asked was "Are you pregnant yet?"! In fact a question along the same lines started at my reception the night that we were married, it was "so when are the babies coming?"! I was like good grief, can I just be married for like an hour please!!!
ReplyDeletei feel your pain! peeps always ask us this too...i tell them "the exact same as before...except my name's different, and we owe more taxes".
ReplyDeletei guess since we lived together for 2 years before we got hitched...it's REALLY not different at all for us!
I got that question the first year into our marriage all of the time and felt the same as you. It was and still is quite the same as it was when we were just together and engaged. I think that's a good thing ;)
ReplyDeleteseriously! i posted about this a while ago becasue it drives me absof*ckenlutely nuts! i feel your pain!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean! I've had a similar question asked since I moved to Vancouver to be with Mr. Milk and by the same people! It gets old very fast!
ReplyDeleteUgh. I know what you mean. I hated that question of my first year of marriage. Just wait...it will soon become, 'So when are y'all gonna start your family?' Then they'll pat your belly and give you the knowing "baby" look.
ReplyDelete