Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back in the saddle...errrr...I mean the ice skates

Lately, I've been bitten by the skating bug. And I blame it on Kim (hehe!). I met my life twin, Kim, on The Knot while planning my wedding. I call her my life twin because she is also a former figure skater, our cats could be twins, and we pretty much share the same brain. Honest.

Kim understands my affection for "rink air" and how it's completely different than regular air. And she understands what I mean when I say I feel like I'm about to shoot the duck (no, I'm not out hunting)...or that another friend's leggings look like mondors.

It was pretty much a given that we'd eventually go skating together even though it took us a few months to set up a skate date. But we did. And it was fabulous. Ever since Mr Jones and I went with her and her fiance a few weekends ago, I've been itching to get back on the ice.

I even bought a new skate bag! A girl's gotta have something to tote her skating stuff around in, doesn't she? :) And, yes, I'm a nice wife...I let Mr Jones put his skates in there too.

Now, we just need to get back to the rink!!


5 comments:

  1. I love love love skating! I used to be a figure skater when I was younger and my brothers both played hockey all their lives. I already have my son in skating lessons and plan to get my daughter in them too as soon as she is old enough. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun that you found a friend to skate with. All of my figure skating buddies went their separate ways after we were teenagers. I just have Geof to skate with now...lol. He teaches sometimes too, so that is something fun we do together. I wish I could go skate with you!

    I completely agree that the air at the rink is different than the air anywhere else. I love when Doug said in “The Cutting Edge” that he loves the smell of the ice. I know, I'm a huge dork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to figure skate when I was younger, but when it got the point they wanted me to compete, I chickened out. Now probably wouldn't be a good time for me to start back up again though...haha.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! : ) Are you having the best time watching the olympics this week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm honored to be your life twin :) Love the new bag too, excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete