Friday, February 26, 2010

It wasn't me...oh wait, yes it was

Over the past 5 months, there has been many-a-morning where I was greeted with a face full of water when I turned on the shower.

The reason?

Somebody (ahem, Mr Jones) didn't check to see if the little thingie that you pull up to switch the water flow the shower head was down (see below picture) after his shower the previous morning...so guess what happens when the water is turned on? Yup. It comes out the shower head. Directly into my face. And early morning water is COLD.

Not my actual shower


This morning, I received another face full of cold water.
And immediately blamed Mr Jones. And got all worked up and ready to give him crap about not checking to make sure the thingie was down when I had asked him to so many times.

Until I realized he wasn't the last one to take a shower yesterday morning - I was.
Oops.

(BTW, what in the heck is that little thingie called?? Does it have a name?)

8 comments:

  1. I told you silly, the technical name is "knobby thing"! ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i'm laughing so hard! I have no idea what it's called but my son loves to play with it during his bath time so the next night when you turn it on to give him his bath the person giving him the bath gets soaked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I don't think it has an actual name...it's just the "thingie" in my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what its called either but this post is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg my hubby does that to me too! ive learned to turn the water on really slowly at first to check which end its going to come out of~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I hate it when that happens!!!! I used to do that to myself all the time! My shower at my new house doesn't have a tub so thankfully, that doesn't happen anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you are hilarious! Get a new faucet and you won't have to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! New follower and fellow Michigan Bride! I've looked through a few of your photos from your wedding, and you guys look amazing. We're having an outdoors wedding and you've made me feel better about being outside (turns out Michigan has the most unpredictable weather, huh?). Can't wait for more photos!

    p.s. to solve your problem, turn the water on before you get in the shower and keep your head close to the shower wall? haha...

    ReplyDelete