Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Weekend Full of Movies

Our NetFlix movie this weekend was "Up". Mr Jones has been wanting to see it because he loves Pixar movies.

I thought the story was really cute and sweet (who doesn't love true love and devotion?), but there were some moments that left me scratching my head in confusion. For example, the explorer was an adult when Carl and Ellie were children yet, he is around the same age as Carl when they meet in Paradise Falls? Maybe I'm too analytical, but yeah...

Overall, I'd give "Up" an A-. I would watch it again...and that's saying a lot because I'm not usually big on watching movies.


This picture makes me laugh...a "real life" Russell!"


Today's movie was an old love of mine - "The Princess Bride". Mr Jones had never seen it before (GASP!) so I decided it was time he did. Luckily, it was available for immediate streaming on NetFlix so we snuggled on the couch and immersed ourselves in the story of Princess Buttercup and Westley.


My favorite exchange in the movie...it's just so sweet:

Westley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?
Buttercup: Well... you were dead.
Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Buttercup: I will never doubt again.
Westley: There will never be a need.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like good movies! "The Princess Bride" is one movie I would like to watch! Your favorite exchange in the movie sounds good! really cute!

    I am also fond of animated movies, 'Up' sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG we watched up this weekend too! It was soooooo good, but so sad! Made me cry a couple times. How funny were the dogs? LOVE it! and...I have never seen Princess Bride either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Princess Bride is one of my all time favorites...and my husband hates it. Boo. I turn it on whenever it's on TV hoping each time he'll find the love for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww..that is one of the BEST movies lines ever!! What a cute blog dear!

    I am your newest follower. I hope you will come by my blog and follow back as well. I LOVE meeting new bloggy friend. Have a great day. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog

    ReplyDelete