Monday, July 13, 2009

The best news I've heard all day!!

Back in April, a new salon opened right down the road from my apartment. Since I was in the market for a new stylist - not to mention a sucker for good deals (i.e. grand opening specials), I decided to wander in and see what this place was all about. I was greeted by a lot of noise and A LOT of fun. I knew immediately I would love the salon. The girls were hilarious...and the prices couldn't be beat ($45 cut and color, $30 full set of acrylic nails, and more)! I was booked for an appointment with Kim (the owner) in no time. I also booked an appointment to get my nails done (now my guilty bi-weekly pleasure...it sure is nice not having to worry about how my nails look!).

Now, 4 months later, I am still completely enamored with the salon. Everyone says hi and greets you by name...I never want to leave after my appointments. When I got engaged, I knew I wanted Kim and her girls to do our hair so I booked our appointments right away. Today, after my nail appointment, I was chatting with Kim about the wedding and my hair inspiration pictures. I casually questioned how much my hair updo would be (so I can bring cash) and she immediately replied "Free! I would never charge you...I'm so excited for you!" This, paired with the $30 price tag she put on the bridesmaid updos, completely made my night. I practically kissed her! Haha!

2 comments:

  1. thats amazing. The stylist I've used for the past few years I no longer like... so I had to find someone new... Its like breaking up in a relationship

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! A good stylist (and salon) is hard to find!

    ReplyDelete