Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What's in a name?

Every once in a while, I come across a name that makes me wonder what in the heck the parents were thinking when they picked out the name. Prime examples of this include:

Sage Green
Richard Sack (you better believe he didn't go by "Dick")
Crystal Chanda Lier
Faren Height
Donald McDonald (very original, huh?)
Rose Withers
Harry Persons
Eva Lyn (first name is pronounced ev-a)

The list goes on and on. Today, while searching the company-wide Outlook address book, I came across a last name that almost made me spit out my water: Nutter-Bear. That's right, her last name is Nutter-Bear. I swear, I can't make this stuff up.

4 comments:

  1. too funny! I love your blog! Im following you now :) Have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At my last job we had a contractor with the name of Harry Annus. No.Joke.

    poor guy :-{

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, do you remember on jay leno when he used to find wedding announcements in the paper of couples with last names that were horrible together like the "Ben-Eaton" wedding etc etc.

    ReplyDelete