For me, the hardest part of the wedding planning was (is!) choosing the music. The music for the ceremony, for the entrance of the bridal party, for our grand entrance, for our first dance...I think you get the picture. When I started planning, the only song I was 100% sure on was my processional song - Angel Eyes by Jim Brickman. Angel Eyes was the first song Mr Jones played for me on the piano and I fell in love with it - I often beg him to play it for me. I also chose a Jim Brickman song for the bridal party processional - Secret Love. And for the recessional - If You Believe. Pretty soon, I realized my whole ceremony was going to be Jim Brickman so I went with the theme and chose All I Ever Wanted for the seating of the grandparents and Your Love for the lighting of the unity candle. I love his music so I'm really excited about my choices. It took me forever to choose them though since all of his songs are so pretty.
The next step after choosing my songs was deciding if I wanted to just have a CD to play or to have a pianist play at the wedding. The logical choice was a pianist since it would sound much better live rather than over a sound system. Luckily, my parents know a great pianist from there church and she is available - yay! Now, we just need to find the sheet music to all of the songs so she can learn them. I'm also planning on asking my cousin (who is a concert violinist) to play. Everything is finally coming together - I hope!
I'm still stuck on the reception songs - especially the bridal party entrance and our grand entrance. If you have any great ideas, please let me know!!
7 years ago




Yes, this has been the hardest part so far. The only thing I'm sure on is our first dance song.
ReplyDeleteGirl you are in the same boat as me!!!
ReplyDelete