I was on The Knot earlier today (as always) and one of my fellow Detroit Knotties mentioned that the University of Michigan vs. Michigan State game was the same day as her wedding. Not good since it's one of the biggest games of the season here in Michigan. The only one bigger (i.e. a HUGE rivalry) for U of M fans would be the game against Ohio State. Guess which day that's on??? Yup, MY wedding date. This isn't going to be good...especially since Mr Jones has some friends/groomsmen that are die-hard U of M fans (and by die hard, I mean a little crazy).
Not really excited about this...
7 years ago




That stinks :( It will still be a great day though, they will just have to suck it up :)
ReplyDeleteThis is why you have to think about football before you pick your wedding date. I made sure ours didn't fall on anything because I probably wouldn't have shown up for my own wedding to go to the game. lol
ReplyDeleteHaha...don't be surprised if people are watching the game or checking scores on their phone.
ReplyDeleteick. Believe it or not a friend of mine chose her wedding day to be the same as mine, it was so horrible trying to divide up friends. I hope this turns out ok, Will there be a tv in the bar area at you wedding? There was one above the bar at ours, but thankfully no Purdue game was on that day :)
ReplyDeleteOh no! I really know know anything about Michigan football but I'm going to take your word for it that this is a big deal!
ReplyDeleteAnd don't you just LOVE the knot?? It helped me SO much in my wedding planning!
Oh goodness... I SO don't get guys and football. Hopefully, it will all work out. I guess you can't tell them to record it. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI was at a wedding on a big game day once. The couple brought a small television & antanae (I guess you'd need a converter box now. . .) and set it up on a small table near the bar. Everyone was very well behaved--no one crowded around the tv or hollered or anything-they just checked scores whenever they got up. AND everyone commented on how thoughtful the couple was to provide that for the guests.
ReplyDeleteI was going to say the same thing as Amy - you can either fight it or embrace it. You could have the dj announce the score as it changes or have them turn on the tv in the bar if they have one. It could be kind of cute in a way...
ReplyDeleteOh--you could buy the groomsmen UofM boxers or something so they can have show their support without actually SHOWing their support, you know?
ReplyDeleteBesides--that'd make a cool photo--all the groomsmen with their pants down!
And this is why I won't be getting married in the fall :) When I first heard your date, I immediately knew my calendar was full, but I've cleared my schedule and will be in Frankenmuth for the day. By the way, what time's the wedding?
ReplyDeleteHow are you? I miss you---where did July go :*(
Uh oh, lol! It's alright. Now you have something bigger than the game. Your wedding will be THE event to go to!!
ReplyDeleteOohhh if I was a guest I'd be pizzed! Ha ha just kidding (well sort of). Oh well, you know? No matter what date you pick, it will interfere with something (sports related or not). Just tell everyone it's your day and if they'd rather watch the game, that's fine, but you won't be buying them dinner & drinks! ;)
ReplyDeleteNo worries! My best friend got married on the same day as the U of M/MSU game 2 years ago and there were still men at the wedding. Of course there was also a tv at the bar....
ReplyDelete