On Monday, Mr Jones and I decided it was time for the kitty-babies to move into the new place. Prior to this, they were living at my old apartment and I was stopping by on my way home from work every day to feed/water/play with them. Don't get me wrong, I felt so guilty leaving them there by themselves, but our new place was still a mess and we wanted to organize a bit so we didn't stress Sammy and Bo out anymore than we had to. (Just trying to be a good mommy!)
The car ride went as well as could be expected - Bo was royally freaked out, but I pretty much expected that so I put him in the carrier. Sammy is such a good boy that he just sat on the seat next to me and looked out the window. Once we got to Riverwood, Mr Jones grabbed the carrier and I got out of the car with Sammy in my arms. Not 2 seconds later (not exaggerating), at least 10 neighborhood kids (they came out of nowhere!!) were gathered around me wanting to see/pet the huge cat I was holding. I know Sam is a big boy (as all Maine Coons are), but geez - I didn't realize he'd attract that much attention!
An old pic of Sammy and me

Once I managed to get past all the little grabby hands, I let Sammy inside where he promptly ran under the desk and meowed at the wall (poor baby!). Eventually, he found his way into the shower...and then into the sink (his favorite lounging place). Once he got settled, he was back to his normal, laidback/easygoing self.
Bo, on the other hand, not so much. That cat is driving me nuts! Every night since the move, he's roamed the hallway crying big ol' kitty tears. For hours. In the middle of the night. If I roll over to make sure he's ok, he comes running into the bedroom and pokes me with his paw trying to get me up. I know he's stressed and I know he wants attention from his mommy - but mommy needs sleep or else she gets really cranky! I'm hoping this nightly routine stops soon. He's sure giving me a taste of what motherhood might be like...oy.




Cats are so funny about new places and situations. My aunt's cat always poops on the floor when she goes out of town.
ReplyDeleteI don't hate the whole state, just U of M. I'm a diehard buckeye here. My dad is from Michigan, so we get into battles all the time.
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello! I see you're getting married in a few months...excitement!!! Congrats!!!!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean about being swarmed by a bunch of little grabby hands. I made the mistake of walking my chihuahua past a school yard one day while the kids were out playing. Before I knew it, we were surrounded on all sides by a bunch of kids that were begging to hold & pet her. I felt bad for my poor little Tinky... we were stuck for a good ten minutes as the kids ooh'd and ahh'd and passed her around from one pair of grabby hands to the next. I also got a slew of questions like "does she bite?" "what does she eat?" and "can she do a trick?" It wasn't until their teacher finally called out that it was enough because "the nice lady" needed to be on her way. As we walked away, I could hear some kids crying, "But I didn't get to hold her!!!" Kids are so funny. I hope Bo gets used to the new place soon. Poor little guy!
ReplyDeleteSounds...tiring. lol. I hope the cats get settled in soon! Ive never seen a cat so big!
ReplyDeleteMy cats howled for a couple nights. Boy was it heaven when they got used to the place! Hang in there!
ReplyDelete