Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What's on every bride's mind (you know it is!)

The 10 steps every bride should know f0r using the bathroom properly on her wedding day:

#1 - Take AT LEAST one other girl with you, if not two. But two is much better than one.

#2 - Enter the stall but don't turn around. Have the girls enter behind you (yes, this requires leaving the door open), but don't worry, you've got so much dress no one will see anything!

# 3 - Have the girl(s) hold up the back of your dress.

#4 - Go under the front of your dress and grab your shorts/panties/undies or whatever you've got on under there.

#5 - You will probably need them completely off.

# 6 - Sit backwards on the toilet - seriously, face the wall. It's the easiest way since your girl(s) are holding the back of your dress. You should be holding the front of your dress up.

#7 - Get someone to hand you some paper.

#8 - Stand and put that caboose in reverse while the girl(s) are still holding the back up.

#9 - Grab your shorts/panties/undies and dress yourself. This is probably the hardest part - you may need to put a leg up on the seat to get some leverage.

#10 - When you're ready, let your girl(s) know they can drop your dress, but don't let them leave just yet.

Once you're out of the stall, have them fluff the dress and go have fun!

11 comments:

  1. Do you know that I didn't go to the bathroom once all day during our wedding? I do not know how I made it through, but I did. I was terrified of having a mishap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Great advice! I pride myself on being the lucky bride who didn't have to pee once while in her wedding dress. Though maybe it was my bridesmaids who were the lucky ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a checklist that I'll have to save :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha..this is too funny! I didnt go to the bathroom from an hour before I walked down the aisle until the hour before my reception was done. I finally went after most guest were gone and my bridesmaid just unzipped me and I walked out of my dress went pee and then slipped it back on and she buttoned me up! lol. It was memorable for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought going to the bathroom pregnant was hard! haha. Don't worry, I'll hold your dress.... with my eyes closed

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the ladies who said they didn't pee during their wedding. I went right before I walked down the aisle, then not again all night. You're sweating so much under all that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've got it right, girlie...it's always a feat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i went once in a tiny stall in the old mansion where we were married. that is all i remember.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just couldn't follow with all those directions. I think I need a video...lol!
    Now I'm scared.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. totally true. and I had a small dress too. I can't imagine a huge dress.

    ReplyDelete