Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Wind-Down

It was a friend-filled weekend for Mr Jones and me. Friday, we got to see one of his friends who lives in Arizona; yesterday, I went out with my friend who I haven't seen in 3 years. We had a blast gossiping and chatting in the food court (despite the evil-eyed table cleaning lady who was mad that we sat there for close to 3 hours...haha!).

Today, we went to the Labadie Pig Gig rib competition with some close friends of ours. Because of the torrential downpour yesterday, it was very hot and very humid (around 95* with 65% humidity). Plus, the park was quite muddy (ick) so we had to be very careful where we walked lest we lose a shoe! We didn't let that stop us from have a rib-eating, finger-licking good time though.

Congratulations to Meats & Mooore (owned by my co-worker Jeff and his brother) for taking 1st Place in the People's Choice Competition for the 3rd year in a row!


What did you do this weekend? I hope it was a good one!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Yesterday we took the dogs to the dog park and then had a nice evening hanging out since I had to take my sisters home today (sad face). After we dropped the girls off we had a really nice, long talk about what he wants for the wedding (FINALLY! Some answers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this weekend I went to a birthday party, a going away party, a study session for my final, CVS deal shopping, and school supply shopping :) Sounds like you had a busy and fun weekend as well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same awful weather in Chicago!! It was yucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you had a nice weekend! Catching up with old friends is the best and the rib competition sounds like it was fun (and delicious) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh that weather sounds like mine.. almost all year long LOL.
    Ive never been to a food competition, congrats to your coworker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to a food competition either. Did you sample everything?? Yea for your coworker winning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog and wanted to say hi, cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmmmm. Ribs. I wouldn't let the heat stop me from gettin' at them either!

    ReplyDelete