Monday, August 31, 2009

Another chapter of my life has come to a close

Well, as of 5:30pm today, I no longer reside at 303 Smith St, Apt 421. That's right, folks...I turned in my keys.

Mr Jones, my parents, and I moved the rest of the big items last Friday. It was a little bittersweet closing and locking the door for the last time. Don't get me wrong, I won't miss the apartment for one split second, but this was my apartment...no one else's. I supported myself. I proved to myself that I could do it, that I didn't need help. But, it's time to look forward to the future...to my life as Mrs. Jones.

Goodbye screen door that never closed properly and let the bees in. Goodbye closet door that always came off the track (and drove me crazy). Goodbye outdated dishwasher from 1973. Goodbye Apt 421.



7 comments:

  1. Aww...I felt the same way when I moved out of my first apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way when we left our apartment. I didn't miss it, but like you said, it was the first place where I was out on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am proud of you! you did do it all by yourself. time to close that chapter and move onto the next one. ;)

    ps - i am home tonight studying while mr. brown is out and about and i LOVE IT. love having the place all to myself. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. goodbye! It can be bittersweet to open up new chapters in life! I still miss my first apt sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean. I it is kind of sad, it was apart of you. You know? I totally get why this was bittersweet. Glad that you are moving on up though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sad but its so exciting, it means your doing something with your life and moving up and on!

    ReplyDelete