Now that we are getting place together, we decided it was time to get "adult" furniture rather than the cheapie pieces that don't really go together, but serve the purpose. We drove around to a few furniture stores in the area, but didn't really find anything that jumped out at us so we planned a day trip to Ikea (which made me very excited because I love, love, love Ikea - seriously). It was definitely a successful trip (not that I had any doubts it would be). For the price of one dresser at the furniture store, we bought:
- 2 bedside tables
- 2 long dressers (which we will put side-by-side)
- 1 tall dresser
- glass tops for all of the above
- 1 behind the couch storage unit
- 4 baskets to go in the storage unit
- 3 bins for closet storage
- 2 under-bed storage bins
Mr Jones spent all weekend putting them together. We aren't done decorating and all my stuff still needs to be moved in, but you can still get the general idea of how it will look. :)
Just getting started (look at all the boxes behind him still waiting to be assembled)
Glue holds it all together - these drawers aren't coming apart if he can help it!
Almost finished!
And the finished products...
Bedside tables and under-bed storage bins (the bed and round lamps were previous Ikea purchases)
Tall dresser (in between closet and bathroom)
Behind couch storage unit




Not to be nosy but do you remember the price of the long dresser? We need one just like that! and with Ikea only a short drive, we might just have to get one! It looks great! Very nice!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great and Ikea is awesome! I really like the storage unit behin the couch. That is awesome that Mr. Jones put it all together.
ReplyDeletelooks GREAT! i love ikea!! i wish i had known you were going, i had a coupon lol.
ReplyDeleteI have never been to an Ikea, but will have to go if I ever see one! Great deals, they all look cute!
ReplyDeleteOooh I love that storage unit with the baskets! I have never been but want to go before M's birthday so maybe I can get my act together this week and go hunt the new one near me down!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that behind the couch piece!!! I might have to get one!
ReplyDeleteIt is all so lovely! You guys did a great job putting it all together. I've been meaning to make a trip to Ikea lately, myself, so thanks for the extra push!
ReplyDelete